Closed until January 12 2018
Thanks to everyone for your custom this year, Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Scout Shop Open
Saturday mornings 10.00 to 12.30 (term times only)
Our Badge Ordering Service has now Closed
More information below:
Scout Shop: Saturday mornings 10.00 to 12.30 (term times only)
The Retail Team manage our District Scout Shop which is based at the 26th Chelmsford HQ at Brookbank, Meadgate Ave, Chelmsford, CM2 7LY.
The Shop is open on Saturday mornings 10.00 to 12.30 (term times only) and is staffed by volunteers who are always helpful and ready to serve with a smile. All products are reasonably priced.
The retail team can be contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the badge ordering service – 1/08/2017
For many years the District has provided a badge ordering service predominantly via our badge website. This service has been ably supported jointly by Robert Pickess & Sue Raybould.
This service has been used by many Group leaders and we know that many use Glasgow Scout shop (as well as some other online service providers). Equally about 50% of our service is used by people outside of our own District.
In recent months Scouts Shops has launched its own online service albeit that it is in its infancy.
The District Executive had decided to undertake a review to consider the impact of the Scout Shops launch but in the meantime both Robert & Sue had decided to step down as at the end of this month.
It is a fact that most people have become accustomed to the speed of online ordering and delivery.
Having met with both Robert & Sue it is clear that there is a considerable amount of work involved in delivering this service by volunteers and equally it is very difficult to meet the turn round times of the larger ‘commercial’ providers.
Given that online is really the only viable option these days the Executive has decided that our existing provision will cease as at the end of July.
Firstly we should say a big thank you to Robert & Sue for all their hard work over the years whilst also juggling their other Scouting volunteer roles, work and family life.
So what does this mean:-
- Any orders placed via our website will be fulfilled by Robert & Sue. The website will close on the 31st July.
- Any Group that has an in-credit account will receive a full refund of the balance once the figures are finalised (the District Treasurer will email each Group with details).
- Future orders will need to be placed with an alternate provider.
- Our own Scout shop will stock a limited range of badges which will include the District/County badges and the World Membership badge (further details to follow).
- We are in the process of agreeing the sale of our remaining badge stock to another provider to maximise the income.
Thank you for supporting our local badge secretaries over the years