We want to make volunteering with Scouts easier and more fun, so that we can attract and retain more volunteers, resulting in more young people gaining Skills for Life!
Read on for details of what this means, or take a look our one page, quick briefing on improving the volunteer experience.
As part of delivering our Skills for Life Strategy, we’re going to transform the volunteering experience. We want to make sure our volunteers feel valued for everything that they do and most of all, we want them to enjoy themselves.
Together, we aim to:
- Recruit more frontline volunteers
- Have a compelling volunteer offer that demonstrates the value and benefit of volunteering for Chelmsford Scouts
- Ensure our volunteer roles are modern, manageable, and fit for purpose
- Have an improved and seamless joining and learning journey
- Have more volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds that reflect the demographics of our society
We cannot grow to meet our ambitions for young people, from section level to the whole of the UK, without making some fundamental changes.
The culture we need to build is one that’s inclusive, supportive, digitally enabled, with clear roles, learning (not training) and welcoming.
Listening to our volunteers, young people and more, The Scouts have identified three key areas for change:
- Providing a warmer welcome for everyone
- Delivering a more engaging learning experience
- Simplifying how we volunteer together
All of which will be supported by easy-to-use digital tools.